Functionality[แก้ไข | แก้ไขต้นฉบับ]
The demo version functionally serves to allow players to try out the game before making the decision to buy Minecraft. It allows players to play on a single world for a 100 minute (5 in-game days) period before the map is locked and required to be reset.
While the demo version does not expire, it comes with certain restrictions, as its sole purpose is to allow new players to try out Minecraft.
Restrictions[แก้ไข | แก้ไขต้นฉบับ]
The following restrictions apply when playing the game in demo mode:
- The demo map is preset and will always generate with the same seed which is
- Multiplayer servers are inaccessible, although LAN multiplayer is allowed, with the limitation that only 1 demo account is allowed on a server (this is because the default Minecraft name ('Player') cannot be changed).
- The game time is limited to five in-game days (1 hour and 40 minutes real time). After the time runs out, players can still navigate through the world, but not interact with it. Resetting the demo world also resets the demo timer.
- In some older versions, the player cannot craft armor.
- Changing the in-game time forcibly with MCedit/commands can reset the timer.
- Players can only play the tutorial world. Selecting Play on the title screen takes the player directly into the tutorial.
- The tutorial will start every time the player enters the world, there is no option to skip it.
- Only local multiplayer works, as the world selection screen is skipped altogether.
- Saving is unavailable. Users will be asked to buy the full game when "Save Game" or "Exit and Save" are selected.
- Texture Packs, mash-up packs, and Skins, although they can be bought, cannot be used.
Pocket Edition (outdated)[แก้ไข | แก้ไขต้นฉบับ]
- Worlds could not be saved. Upon clicking Play, players would be asked if they wanted to play in Creative or Survival without any world list shown whatsoever. Upon quitting, the world data would not be saved.
- Seeds could not be used, as they could in the full version of Alpha 0.2.1.
- The blocks that the player could use were limited. Only 28 of the 49 items in the inventory could be selected.
- Some of the blocks which were made unavailable were strange. For example, the player was able to use the shovel, the pickaxe and the axe, but not the sword. The demo can be downloaded again if the same apple ID is used in the app store if it was previously deleted. However the app will not open in IOS11 or later.
A demo version of Bedrock Edition will be available for Windows 10,iOS (8.1 or above) and Android (5.1 or above) which will be obtained via clicking the upcoming Trial button at the Microsoft Store, Installing From Play Store And Getting From App Store.
In November 2018, a demo version for Android named "Minecraft Trial" is being released in most countries. However, restrictions will still be applied; for example, some blocks and items will be removed, including barriers and command blocks (all types). The user will be able to download it on the Microsoft Store, Google Play Store and App Store for free.
It will have the following restrictions:
- The time limit will be 90 minutes.
- The player won't be able to play Multiplayer, including LAN multiplayer.
- The player won't be able to change Global Resources and Add-ons.
- The player will be restricted to Survival mode.
- The player will be restricted from changing Cheats and World Options parts off.
- The player will be restricted from changing Trust Player Permissions.
- The player will be restricted from accessing Storage.
- The player will not be able to change the world seed.
- Worlds will always generate with the seed
- Worlds will always generate with the seed
- The player will be restricted to Infinite world type.
ประวัติ[แก้ไข | แก้ไขต้นฉบับ]
|1.3.1||12w16a||Demo mode added. During the snapshot releases, minecraft.jar must be launched directly with |
|1.3.2||?||Users can play the demo mode in the browser.|
|1.6.2||?||The latest launcher version (1.3.4) allows players who have not yet bought Minecraft to play the game's demo.|
|1.12||17w13b||The startup message was changed to say "Check the advancements for hints" instead of "Check the achievements for hints"|
|0.2.1||A demo version was released, but was never updated and was eventually removed from app stores.|
|0.12.0||This version was released in the Windows Store for the Windows 10 Edition, including its demo version.|
|1.2||?||Bedrock Edition was released, including its demo version for Windows 10.|
|1.7||?||Trial version for Android was released on Google Play Store with a different App logo (Grass Path Logo). The version of the app was 22.214.171.124|
|1.8||?||Trial version for app was updated to 1.8|
เกร็ดความรู้[แก้ไข | แก้ไขต้นฉบับ]
- The demo mode can be played by all players regardless of whether they have yet purchased the game.
- It is possible to install modifications on the demo version.
- When installing Forge to Minecraft Java Edition, it unlocks the whole game. Creative, Survival, Cheats, Seeds, and customizing the world it all available.
- Servers can be started with the
--demoflag (this is technically what the launcher does). Everyone who joins the server will see the demo message.
- If one tries to play a demo version prior to 1.3 from the launcher using a non-premium account, they will be able to play the full version.
- This is because 1.3 is the version that added the demo mode to Minecraft, so earlier versions do not have the code necessary to recognize that they are in the demo.
- Typing in "
North Carolina" in the seed screen of the full version will give the same world seed.
- If the game is quit without clicking "Save & Quit", the game will not save.
- If the Minecraft shortcut and directory is moved to another hard drive, etc, it will still be in the demo version, and the previous worlds will not appear.
- Prior to 1.9, it was possible to access the server list by enabling cheats and teleporting past the edge of the world in creative. However, servers cannot be joined due to an invalid session.
- If a world is downloaded, it can be played by putting the world folder in "saves" and rename it to "Demo_World". If there is already "Demo_World", it must be first renamed or deleted.
- There is a chance that the demo timer have been decreased or expired. This is due to the timer have been used by the world creator while building the world.
แกลเลอรี[แก้ไข | แก้ไขต้นฉบับ]
The title screen of the outdated Pocket Edition demo.
The title screen of the Bedrock Edition demo.
ดูเพิ่ม[แก้ไข | แก้ไขต้นฉบับ]